The Ballad of Fred Hersch is an intimate portrait of one of today’s foremost jazz pianists and composers and his extraordinary work. A genre unto himself, Hersch has significantly influenced a new generation of musicians and jazz itself. His poignant story as an AIDS survivor and openly gay man reveal an unlikely musical journey and an irrepressible American master.
We’re thrilled to announce that The Ballad of Fred Hersch will screen at the Mill Valley Film Festival as part of its Music on Screen section. The festival will also present a special performance by Fred Hersch at the legendary Sweetwater Music Hall.
The Mill Valley Film Festival is held October 6 to 16. Stay tuned for screening and performance dates. For now, here is the Press release.
- Fantastic premiere at Full Frame
- Premiere tickets are available.
- Inside the Making of a Composition
- Poster done! Ready for Full Frame.
- Premiering at the Full Frame Film Festival
- Sound mix, the music comes alive
- Finishing the film one frame at a time
- Happy 60th. birthday Fred!
- The Ballad of Fred Hersch is going international…with our editor in New Zealand