The Ballad of Fred Hersch is an intimate portrait of one of today’s foremost jazz pianists and composers and his extraordinary work. A genre unto himself, Hersch has significantly influenced a new generation of musicians and jazz itself. His poignant story as an AIDS survivor and openly gay man reveal an unlikely musical journey and an irrepressible American master.
We are thrilled to announce that The Ballad of Fred Hersch will premiere in NY at DOC NYC on November 12. Fred Hersch and directors/producers Charlotte Lagarde and Carrie Lozano will be attending. Please spread the word.
- A Sumptuous Celebration of Hersch’s entire musical world!
- Tickets available for the Mill Valley Film Festival
- Announcing our West Coast premiere at the Mill Valley Film Festival
- Fantastic premiere at Full Frame
- Premiere tickets are available.
- Inside the Making of a Composition
- Poster done! Ready for Full Frame.
- Premiering at the Full Frame Film Festival
- Sound mix, the music comes alive