The Ballad of Fred Hersch is an intimate portrait of one of today’s foremost jazz pianists and composers and his extraordinary work. A genre unto himself, Hersch has significantly influenced a new generation of musicians and jazz itself. His poignant story as an AIDS survivor and openly gay man reveal an unlikely musical journey and an irrepressible American master.
Join us at the Mill Valley Film Festival.
We will have two screenings:
October 11, 8pm at the Lark Theater – Filmmaker Q&A along with Fred Hersch
October 12, 6pm at Sequoia 2 – Fred Hersch will be performing afterwards at the Sweetwater Music Hall (Separate ticket needed).
Tickets are now available here.
- Announcing our West Coast premiere at the Mill Valley Film Festival
- Fantastic premiere at Full Frame
- Premiere tickets are available.
- Inside the Making of a Composition
- Poster done! Ready for Full Frame.
- Premiering at the Full Frame Film Festival
- Sound mix, the music comes alive
- Finishing the film one frame at a time
- Happy 60th. birthday Fred!