The Ballad of Fred Hersch is an intimate portrait of one of today’s foremost jazz pianists and composers and his extraordinary work. A genre unto himself, Hersch has significantly influenced a new generation of musicians and jazz itself. His poignant story as an AIDS survivor and openly gay man reveal an unlikely musical journey and an irrepressible American master.
“We’re now living in a time in which art will undoubtedly be more important than ever, both as means for self-expression, but also as transcendental escapism, reminders that there is good and beauty in the world. These ten documentaries at DOC NYC, all about arts, culture and hope for the future, encompass that feeling.”
- Announcing NY premiere at DOC NYC
- A Sumptuous Celebration of Hersch’s entire musical world!
- Tickets available for the Mill Valley Film Festival
- Announcing our West Coast premiere at the Mill Valley Film Festival
- Fantastic premiere at Full Frame
- Premiere tickets are available.
- Inside the Making of a Composition
- Poster done! Ready for Full Frame.
- Premiering at the Full Frame Film Festival