Fred Hersch Now is an intimate, heartfelt portrait of one of today’s foremost jazz pianists and composers. A genre unto himself, Hersch has significantly influenced jazz and a generation of musicians. But his poignant story as an AIDS survivor and openly gay jazzman reveal an unlikely musical journey and an irrepressible American master.
- “That Fred Hersch used music to tell about being close to death struck me as such a breakthrough,” said Dr. Rita Charon
- “A remarkable and touching work” says ARTINFO about Fred Hersch’s MY COMA DREAMS
- Fantastic shoot at the Village Vanguard – Fred Hersch performing solo
- We are having a blast editing Fred Hersch Now with the fantastic Vivien Hillgrove
- In Berkeley for a couple of months editing a rough-cut of Fred Hersch Now
- Don’t miss Fred Hersch Trio at the Village Vanguard this week
- “Last week on his blog Ethan Iverson published a long-form interview on this subject with his former piano guru, Fred Hersch.” writes Nate Chinen in the NY Times
- Back in production with a weekend at Scott and Fred Hersch’s home in PA.
- Production grant from The Reva and David Logan Foundation!